Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,676   Posts: 1,481,947   Online: 1073

Shooter
    Medium Format

Durst RCP-40 VSN

Hello,
    I just bought this machine with the intention of doing RA-4.
    Unfortunately it came without a manual, and I find no info on google.
    If somebody could point me to a manual, that would be great.

Or if anyone has used this machine:
    What are the 'control' buttons for?
    How much dev, stop and bleach should I put in it?
    Should the blix bath have a recirculation pump? (if so, mine is broken)

Thanks a lot!
    Bram

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to have a rcp20, (8"wide paper path) that tempered both the first (developer) and third (blix) tanks. The second stop tank was not tempered. Only the first tank had pumped agitaion.

Check that all the rollers are smooth, if they are supposed to be, and that the foam ones (mine were in the second tank) have not started to fall apart.

Usually you fill the tanks until at least the rollers are partly covered. There is usually a stain on the tank wall to indicate the old level.

I hope this gets you started.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, Mike.
    I'll experiment a bit. The rollers seem OK. There was a defect on the blix pump because the connection had oxidized and broken off. Probably because of chemicals, that were still inside the pumps...

Does your machine have control buttons, and do you know what they're for?
    And do you know how long chemistry will stay good inside the machine?
    Thanks again!
    Bram

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My rcp20 had a temp dial, for the common heater circuit, as sensed in the developer tank. There were two switches. One turned the whole unit on. The other you depressed, and the light in it came on if the heater was either on, or up to temp. I don't remeber which, but it was a way of not leaving any lights glowing all the time.

I now run a fujimoto CP-31. I empty it of chems and rinse it after every printing session, unless it is late and I know that I will be printing the very next morning. It goes into standby, and only turns the rollers one revolution every minute or so. This cuts aerial oxidation, and prevents crusties from forming on the rollers.

I use kodat RA-RT for ra-4 printing, and have had success if the chems have been lightly used, and replensihed appropriately running the chems for periods as long as 6 weeks if actully just running 5-6 sessions in those 6 weeks. That is with keeping the chems in glass when not in use in the machine.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin