Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,892   Online: 991

Shooter
    Multi Format

C-41 Chemical question

Hello.

I currently am using a Unicolor c41 kit and have a few questions.

1. What is the best method of disposal?

2. What is the best way to dispose of the blix that has been in a solution of tin foil (silver depleted)?

This is mostly for curiosity sake, my buddy is in a chemistry class and is curious about these processes too.

Thanks!

Josh
    Cameras:
    Canon EOS Elan II/E, Elan 7, and 630. -- Bronica ETRS -- Pentax 6x7
    My Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Depleted blix with silver removed is about like Miracid. It is actually a strong version of fertilizer for plants that want iron. So, you could in theory, dump it on a bed of azaleas or rhododendrons. I don't advise it, but it can go down most drains if you dilute it. The silver residue is another matter.

If you mix silver depleted blix and color developer, they tend to neutralize each other and dump better. That is to say that the chemicals tend to cancel each other out in pH and BOD and COD.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin