Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,670   Online: 889

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I bought a Fuji 100 asa negative ordinary film this morning and took photographs whatever I find and rushed to same lab again. I have no other place to go. Man said he doesnt fire up the machine because there are only two or three film customer per month ! Its 13.00 here and I will get the film at 16.30 if there is anything on the film. Fingers crossed , I wish he puts new developer to the machine.
    Yes situation is insulting.

I want to talk about kodak negative film , they sell it at the big market and there are no worse quality paper package than the Kodak in whole market. It has a faded yellow with russian letters box and I am sorry I dont get it. I dont know may be it is Russian taste but It looks cheap , very cheap like 1990s Soviet packages.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It could be better, and even cheaper, Mustafa, to buy your film online in, for instance, Germany.
    You then get fresh film, for a good price. The trip to Turkey is short enough, so it shouldn't take long.
    I don't know though about import tax, and such, you may have to pay. Nor about how quick or slow your customs and postal services are. But still: worth a try?

As for processing: perhaps you could look into the possibility of doing it yourself?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have D76 , 100 feet Arista edu and a small Paterson but no fixer. I have to go to city center for fresh film and chemicals but I didnt go outside of my home more than 200 meters in 1 year.
    I have been a APUG holic. All my pictures are the same trees , flowers , roads , scenes. And I dont even do it right. Yes , finally I have paypal and I will invest in Leica R4 with Telyt or C1 , C2 or Mini on APUG.
    I bought goods from Alaska , Canada , USA to Australia with post and no customs applied , directly came to the door.
    There is a huge Ilford Store at Istanbul and there are hundreds of films , chemicals , whatever they got.
    I think I became a local person.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ah!
    Perhaps time, then, to become a world citizen again?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would highly suspicious of the lab...

"Man said he doesnt fire up the machine because there are only two or three film customer per month"

More than likely there is not much bother to take care of the chemicals and make control strips then either. Source some chemicals, its very economical to replenish.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So, you changed film speed and kept everything else the same, including the highly suspect lab?

It just will not narrow things down to the problem.

Why not buy a fresh roll of film at the big Ilford store, shoot it quickly outside, go back in and drop it off for processing?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Yes , finally I have paypal and I will invest in Leica R4 with Telyt or C1 , C2 or Mini on APUG.
    Be careful with the Leica C1 or C2. I have two C1's and they are unusable now because the control switches collapse inside. They are made of metal 'bubbles' and once collapsed I don't see how they can be repaired.

I might try to rewire them with larger micro switches just to return the C1's to service.

Sorry be be a downer but those C1/C2/C3 really don't deserve the Leica label.

-Bill
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If the camera misreads the ISO value of your film, exposure is off. But as someone mentioned: the camera accepts ISO values between 25 and 3200. If the ISO value the camera read from the DX field would have been below 400, your film would have been overexposed, hence dark, not transparent, as has already been argued here. But even if that camera misread the ISO as 3200, your film is only 3 stops underexposed. While this would certainly not yield perfect prints, you should see an image as the films latitude should cover 3 stops.

Secondly, film doesn't have to be refrigerated. Yes, it'll possibly change its color balance after a while, but it'll still work. I've shot color slide film which was 20 years old and never in a fridge all this time, and it still worked. It created a magenta color cast, but there were visible images.

All this, and also the arguments previous posters made, seems to point at either your camera or the lab as the main culprit. Chances are that the lab doesn't make the same mistake twice, so your second roll of film may come out ok regardless of what you changed. If the second roll still looks like the first one, chances are high that indeed your camera is defective.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin