Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,956   Online: 1007

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    At the risk of going off-topic...this may be a scanner artifact, especially if the edge in question is at at cut edge of a film strip. The OP can PM me and we can discuss it off-line.

--Geg

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Reels can also slip upwards on the centre column too when doing inversions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Reels can also slip upwards on the centre column too when doing inversions.
    They can but two 120 reels fit perfectly in the Paterson 3 tank so unless the funnel wasn't on right I think this is unlikely.

In the Universal tank (holds 2 135 or one 120) it is easy for this to happen however, unless you have a spacer the 120 reel can ride up a fair bit so it is safer to use the Paterson 3 with an empty reel instead if you don't have the spacer.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A rubber band wrapped tightly around the core above the top reel will prevent any slippage and does not interfere with the chemistry at all. So if you need a dry reel for another go around, there is no need to use empty reels as spacers.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks All! I can rule out movement of the reels (I've had this problem before :-/ ) and the amount of fluid. It seems the a cause related to the scanner might be most likely, but I must admit that is not a satisfying answer to me because the problem does not always occur. I suppose I can send out the negative in question to Chrome for scanning to see whether the issue replicates (then it's my handling of chemicals) or not (then it's the scanner). What do you guys think?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not to digress too much, but is this the kit you used: http://stores.photoformulary.com/-st...er/Detail.bok? Just curious, as I had not seen the new Website (or the $30/L price) yet.

If it is, does it come with everything needed, and good instructions? It is slightly confusing that they name the product "Flexicolor C-41 Developer," but also call it a kit.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    dude. its your scanner.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    Developer time is critical because it doesn't normally go to completion, more time gets you more development and vice-versa.
    Nowhere near as "critical" as some would believe. I've mistakenly neglected to stop the developer by as much as a minute and a half, with the greatest effect being a mild shift in overall color - not beyond usual variations.

The more I think of this, the more suspicious I become of the scanner. Try a different negative orientation and look for a change in the banding location.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach View Post
    Nowhere near as "critical" as some would believe. I've mistakenly neglected to stop the developer by as much as a minute and a half, with the greatest effect being a mild shift in overall color - not beyond usual variations.
    I agree, completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach View Post
    The more I think of this, the more suspicious I become of the scanner. Try a different negative orientation and look for a change in the banding location.
    This may be a topic for a thread on DPUG.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rubber band to hold the reel on the tank? Thanks, I'll try that.

Can you put the negative in an enlarger or use a magnifier to check for the line?
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin