Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,497   Posts: 1,571,482   Online: 1154

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whenever anybody says "I don't know, but I think all E6 films are discontinued" it all gets filed away for the next time somebody searches on Google.

So stop it.

E6 film is widely available, and long may it remain so.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by edp View Post
    Whenever anybody says "I don't know, but I think all E6 films are discontinued" it all gets filed away for the next time somebody searches on Google.

So stop it.

E6 film is widely available, and long may it remain so.
    Please don't condemn me for stating my frustration in trying to acquire film for my professional occupation. In 4x5, right now, there is NO Kodak E-6 film except at a few dealers that have existing stock..none is being shipped from Kodak. Maybe they'll decide to do a new emulsion run, I don't know. Just call any Kodak dealer and ask...what they say to me is "It is discontinued". This is from large dealers that sell everything Kodak makes.

There seems to be enough Fuji E-6 stocks for me to believe (in 4x5) that they may be still in production, despite what FUJI USA told me over the phone.

And Please, Please, Please don't judge the availability of a particular film just by it being shown on a web page of a vendor. Many vendors don't update their pages very fast.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are a few choices from Kodak, E100VS, E100G, and Elite Chrome, the E100G the one that people tent to rave about, but I prefer Elite Chrome 100EB This is a personal preference.

I admit not being a Fuji fan and I have only tried Sensia I did like it as much as Elite Chrome, there is also Velvia, and Velvia is the Fuji film that people say is best. I like Kodak film so I am just presenting choices here.

Slide film and processing can be a bit on the pricey side, but still I would recommend getting your hands on several different kinds and trying them out to see what you like best, think of it as an investment. Remember that Chrome can act different depending on how you view it, scans, prints, and projection will not look the same, and prints and scans depend a lot on the skill of the person making them.

And YES, all five of the films I have mentioned are readily available either on line, or at a camera shop. I know a few places that have Sensia on the shelf right now today that I could walk in and buy. I would also like to mention that Kodak's film sales partner that handles their direct on line sales does not 1/4 of what Kodak makes.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    There are a few choices from Kodak, E100VS, E100G, and Elite Chrome, the E100G the one that people tent to rave about, but I prefer Elite Chrome 100EB This is a personal preference.

I admit not being a Fuji fan and I have only tried Sensia I did like it as much as Elite Chrome, there is also Velvia, and Velvia is the Fuji film that people say is best. I like Kodak film so I am just presenting choices here.

And YES, all five of the films I have mentioned are readily available either on line, or at a camera shop. I know a few places that have Sensia on the shelf right now today that I could walk in and buy. I would also like to mention that Kodak's film sales partner that handles their direct on line sales does not 1/4 of what Kodak makes.
    Please, please tell me where I can get Kodak E100G in 4x5 current in-date (not short dated) film stocks. I need about 300 sheets. I have exhausted all my resources.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post

Please, please tell me where I can get Kodak E100G in 4x5 current in-date (not short dated) film stocks. I need about 300 sheets. I have exhausted all my resources. I have tried B&H, Adorama, Freestyle, Glasers, Unique Photo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see what you mean about E100G -> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...683+4294949439

Valid question...
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    Please don't condemn me for stating my frustration in trying to acquire film for my professional occupation. In 4x5, right now, there is NO Kodak E-6 film except at a few dealers that have existing stock..none is being shipped from Kodak.
    It might be worth putting in a call to Kodak and ask them what the current status of 4x5 E6 is. Do they have it in stock? Is it out at the factory but getting ready for another coating? Etc. Peter is a nice guy. The time I called him about TMZ, after Freestyle and others said it was discontinued, Peter called around and informed me that they were out at the factory, but a new coating was being done a month from then.

1-800-242-2424, Ext. 19, Monday–Friday 9 a.m.–7 p.m. (Eastern time)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am talking to a few distributors that I use. Hopefully I will get some news out of them. I can probably get you approx 150-200 sheets of current dated E100G. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,
    Matt

Please, please tell me where I can get Kodak E100G in 4x5 current in-date (not short dated) film stocks. I need about 300 sheets. I have exhausted all my resources. I have tried B&H, Adorama, Freestyle, Glasers, Unique Photo.
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please don't condemn me for stating my frustration in trying to acquire film for my professional occupation. In 4x5, right now, there is NO Kodak E-6 film except at a few dealers that have existing stock..none is being shipped from Kodak. Maybe they'll decide to do a new emulsion run, I don't know. Just call any Kodak dealer and ask...what they say to me is "It is discontinued". This is from large dealers that sell everything Kodak makes.

There seems to be enough Fuji E-6 stocks for me to believe (in 4x5) that they may be still in production, despite what FUJI USA told me over the phone.

And Please, Please, Please don't judge the availability of a particular film just by it being shown on a web page of a vendor. Many vendors don't update their pages very fast.
    The OP was clearly not asking about 4x5, as Kodachrome was only 35mm. You said there are "no E-6 films marketed at the present time." That statement encompasses all formats.
    A quick search of one of the fast-turnover vendors like B+H or Adorama would show current E-6 films.
    If all this stuff was "in the pipeline" with no more being produced, i.e., a mass extinction of E-6, don't you think there would have been a thread or two about it here?

It wasn't a very responsible thing to say, the way you said it. The point about it turning up in search results very apt.

I certainly hope you find the 4x5 you are seeking.
    Last edited by lxdude; 02-16-2011 at 02:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you try Calumet or J. Cohen Photography, or Amazon.com?

The OP was about 35mm, and my reply was about 35mm.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin