Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,959   Online: 1089

Shooter
    35mm

Expired 400 Film @ 640 - Push or normal development?

Hello!

I shot a 2005 expired "Kodak Farbwelt 400" at 640 at a party yesterday. My intention was to get the film push at one stop. But today I realized that there is no Lab around here that can push films and I don't want to send it to the other side of the globe. And I don't want to develop it myself because I messed up so many films recently. So, would the results be fine when it's just developed normally?

Thanks!
    Last edited by youngfilm; 02-19-2011 at 06:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    2/3 stop under should be fine. The images might be a little dark and low-contrast, but they will still be acceptable.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd mail it off to another lab if you think it needs to be pushed. Proper processing is more important in color than in black and white IMO. Unlike with black and white, with color you are pretty much stuck with the contrast you get on your negative, without going to extreme lengths in printing. The days of printing papers of various contrasts and levels of saturation are over, and we have nothing but a few types of paper left. Matching your negatives to that paper is very important.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Majority of people don't print colour themselves 2F/2F, they'll have it done at a lab, scanned at a lab, or home scanned.

In any case, a one-stop push is in order imo, shouldn't be much of a fog level for 2005.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin