Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,959   Posts: 1,523,045   Online: 1190

Kodak ColorPlus - still made?

I use this film with my classic (huh) cameras, it is inexpensive from discount stores.
    It is marked "Made in USA/Finished in Mexico"
    Expiry is 03/2013
    However I read here that Kodak moved finishing back to Rochester.
    I wonder if "ColorPlus" is still in production.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As you say, you can still get it in places like Poundland in the UK (Guess how much).

Then again they did have a large run of Solaris 18 months ago, so that doesn't guarantee manufacture
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just bought a roll of Kodak ColorPlus today with expiry date of 6/2015 so this film still must be in production. Anyone know the difference between this film and Gold?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, there have been other threads about it... but in a nutshell ColorPlus is a more muted, old-skool look than Gold. Think "Kodacolor' from the 1970s.
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    I just bought a roll of Kodak ColorPlus today with expiry date of 6/2015 so this film still must be in production. Anyone know the difference between this film and Gold?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Examples. I think all were shot with Kodak Retina IIIc, 50mm with hood, and whatever exposure the reflected meter suggested (unrecorded).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bacon Turkey Leg.jpg   Point Loma Light 2.jpg   Point Loma Light1.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Examples. I think all were shot with Kodak Retina IIIc, 50mm with hood, and whatever exposure the reflected meter suggested (unrecorded).
    Biran, was that first shot on old expired film? it looks like the blacks have gone green like some really old color film I've shot. Not an insult just a question as to whether this is normal for colorplus or if that image was from an expired roll.

Thanks

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The film was well within the expiration date and freshly bought from Adorama. Processing was Costco. The BBQ pic was a different roll than the lighthouse, but from the same batch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another note, Kodak ColorPlus film 200 was dirt cheap at $2 for 36 exposures. No one can claim film is too expensive there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Different edge marking too. ColorPlus says, "Kodak 200" whereas Gold says, "Kodak GB200"

Shooter
    127 Format
    Given Kodak's current position I would be amazed if there was any difference between Gold 200 and Color Plus 200 besides the box.

Edge markings are imprinted at packaging time so it could be anything.

I shot a roll of Color Plus back to back with Gold 200 in the Caribbean last year and had them developed together at Costco. I could not tell any difference in my best scans.
    - Bill Lynch

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin