Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,710   Online: 967

Thread: E6 w/Red Spots?

Shooter
    35mm

E6 w/Red Spots?

Hello all,

I've been casually shooting film for the past year, this week I developed my first roll of Fuji (Sensia?) slide film shot on my Canon A-1. I've shot a roll or two of Kodak E-100 and really like the look and quality of slides.

I sent this roll to a reputable lab and was surprised at the results. There appears to be small red dots all over the film (esp. in the shadow areas), both in the exposed area and around the sprocket holes. All of the photos have a pinkish red tone, this tone is consistent across the entire roll (indoor & outdoor shots).

The FUJI word in the sprocket area is the correct color (so I'm told), that seems to indicate the processing was done correctly?

any insight would be appreciated.

many thanks,

Dave

ps. the guys at the shop were nice, they offered a refund
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mbp photos-1-2.jpg   mbp photos-1-4.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the red was not in spots, I would say there was red safelight fog, but the dots remind me of dirt, dust or chemical contamination by a solid in the air. It could have happened virtually any time from first development to color development if that is the case.

I have ruled out a manufacturing defect, but then, who knows for sure......

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    interesting, thanks for the feedback.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin