Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,796   Online: 843

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Fujifilm Fuji FP100C

Is this the correct film to use in the Poloroid back for my Calumet CC-400 4x5?
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Yes, but you specifically need FP-100C45. FP-100C (without the 45 on the end) is the smaller "medium" format.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thank you.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Might still be able to find some FP-3000B45 black and white film too.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Trust you're aware that the 4x5 Fuji film won't work in the single sheet Polaroid backs- this is a pack film, even tho 4x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is 3000B 45 discontinued? I really think it's nice stuff in the pack film size. The 100C not so much, frankly.
    Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Polaroid backs are always for the film packs. You can sometimes get sheet film backs too, my Mamiya RB67 can shoot sheets though it seems a bit of a waste, 72x72mm frames on that film though Fuji makes some 3.25x4.25 sheets like their 3.25x4.25 instant films.

I've heard the FP-3000B45 is discontinued but I'm not sure. I'm told the FP-100B is discontinued but bought 11 packs recently, no problem, expires 11/11. I love the FP-100B, I think that might be my favorite really, very sharp, great reciprocity compared to the others. I can't find the FP-100B45 around however, that one might be truly gone.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    Is this the correct film to use in the Poloroid back for my Calumet CC-400 4x5?
    What's the model of your back? There are some 4x5 backs that use the regular sheet film, and others that use the 45 sheetfilm. Sheetfilm is not interchangeable between the different sized backs.
    Freestyle has the FP-3000B45.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are three general categories of backs. There is the 545 series which uses sheet film, it is all discontinued. There are 4X5 back from Polaroid and Fuji that take pack film and there are backs for 4X5 cameras that take the smaller sized pack film commonly used with medium format cameras and Polaroid pack film cameras. The FP100C is the smaller format 3.25" X 4.25" pack in color, there is a black and white version as well. The 4X5 packs are FP100C45 as indicated above.

The smaller is a LOT cheaper and great for proofing. In fact, I enjoy using it for its own sake, and really appreciate that it costs about 1/3 the amount of the 4X5 version ($8.50 vs $26.59 at B&H) In fact, if you have the 4X5 back, it would probably be worth looking for a 405 back on eBay for the film savings alone, if you plan to do a fair amount of this and the size is not as important to you.

In other words, as others have been asking, which back to you have?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Polaroid 405 holder for the smaller Fuji film, Polaroid 550 holder for the larger Fuji film. Polaroid 545 holder is a paperweight now.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin