Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,541   Posts: 1,572,772   Online: 895

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

C-41 Small Batch Chemistry Canada

After reading 24 pages of posts and many other details on Rollei/Compard Digibase C-41 Midi Color Processing Kits I cannot locate a Canadian supplier. I can't even locate a supplier that can sell any small batch C-41 chemistry. If anyone can help find a way to purchase such chemistry in rural Canada I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks
    Jim Brennan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rural Canada is one big place. How close are you to the US border?

Shooter
    35mm
    Indeed it is. I just wanted to make the point it would need to be shipped...hazmat and all.

I can get to Bangor, Maine one day and be home the next but the trip would make the cost unacceptable. I seldom have reason to go any more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have not researched Mondrian Hall/Unisource, for small volume C-41 but they might work for you. I ordered 3-10L kits of RA-4 developer a few months back. I make this developer concentrate up to 1 or 2L of working solution at a time at a time, so if that works for you for your definition of small quantity, you may be set.

There is another thread on my dealing with them on this site somewhere. I had to set up an account with them linked to my credit card from the Halifax office, but that only took a few minutes, and then I could call the inside sales rep who was 1-800 away in Montreal and get a quote. I accepted the quote and I picked the goods up locally in Mississuaga 2 days later.

I think Unisource will ship between depots, and that Mississuaga might be thier Kodak stocking depot.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Mike Wilde - They certainly have a diverse line of products and surprising number of offices. Looks right to me. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim:

They are the (many times removed) successors to Eastman Photo Stores (I think I have the name right), who once, long ago, were Kodak's Canadian wholesale supplier to the commercial and photofinisher market. When Kodak decided to exit that part of the business, they sold it to their employees, who called it Treck Photographic.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestyle and B&H photo and Adorama will ship at least the Tetenal Press Kit (1L and 2L) to Canada no problem. It's powder so no hazmat issues, can even be placed in carryon luggage! I've had great results with it and using B&H the ground Purolator shipping is cheap and gets here from NY in 2-3 days. Freestyle is much farther away unfortunately so it takes longer and shipping is more expensive.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    I remember them. Hall and Treck sold a lot of film and chemistry in the Toronto studio market in the late seventies and early eighties. At least that is when I got to know of them. Unfortunately I can't find anything suitable on the Unisource website. Their products are geared to higher throughput. Maybe Michaels would consider adding film processing kits to their roster of paints, canvases and brushes. It's hard to believe there is enough demand to stock InkAID in a market where C-41 chemistry is simply unavailable in small amounts. It must be a marketing problem; still thought of as big production rather than niche. I so much prefer working with scanned film than RAW files. Oh well, digital is decidedly easy.

All right Harry. I didn't think of that. I have dealt with them both before. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    B&H is sold out but Freestyle has it. It is under the Unicolor brand name at Freestyle, an APUG sponsor too!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    B&H is sold out but Freestyle has it. It is under the Unicolor brand name at Freestyle, an APUG sponsor too!
    I just purchased three 2 litres to get the best out of shipping costs. I usually buy things with the hope it works so that is enough for quite awhile.

Have you ever tried dividing it into smaller batches or is that a bad idea?

Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin