Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,536   Online: 924

Shooter
    Multi Format

Konica impresa 50

Anyone used Konica impresa 50?
    Last edited by bwfans; 02-26-2011 at 09:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm

Konica Impressa 50

I used Impressa 50 and liked it. It had very fine grain and would reproduce subtle colors very well. Like the old Ektar 25 it was a good film but not a good seller. If you have any Impressa 50 which has been frozen you might still get good results from it. One of my last rolls of Kodachrome, shot last December, had a 1989 expiration date but was frozen. The slides are fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dynachrome View Post
    I used Impressa 50 and liked it. It had very fine grain and would reproduce subtle colors very well. Like the old Ektar 25 it was a good film but not a good seller. If you have any Impressa 50 which has been frozen you might still get good results from it. One of my last rolls of Kodachrome, shot last December, had a 1989 expiration date but was frozen. The slides are fine.
    Did Konica have a own factory?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Konishoroku ( Konica) were one of the oldest film manufacturers in Japan, did have their own factory and were certainly making film in the late 19th century ,they also I believe made Sakura film.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was given a sample of Impresa 50 and I took it USA on a 'PhotoTravellers' trip using a Pentax ME Super and all the film was thin -- other Konica VX100 in ME Super was good ,so I deduced maybe the Impresa was not up to it's 'Box Speed' ...
    An 'Old Dog still learning New Tricks !

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Im printing some 35mm negs right now. Its just one more film that ill miss.
    Fine grain, nice color .I think they made it in 120/220 allso..Wish i had some..
    Bought my last when i was in a camera store that was having a sale "short date" ..
    Sign said, Last Of The 50 Iso Film..
    John

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin