Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,817   Posts: 1,581,637   Online: 832

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron LarFor4X5 View Post
    Why are your images in The APUG Gallery ?
    Are they not digital images ?

Save that manure for you garden.

Thanks !
    I agree with you, but this forum is for colour film, paper and chemistry discussion. It would be akin to asking in this same section "my computer is too slow for handling large scanned colour film images, but it used to be fast, how do I check for malware?".

Film users that scan need to deal with their computer and it's issues.. not exactly appropriate though..

Since we're here, I'd suggest an imacon scan, that'd be expensive though and you dont need much that res for 4x5". How about a polaroid brand multi scaner? They go for cheap from time to time when you find them. Google opinions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Semeuse !
    Last edited by SuzanneR; 03-02-2011 at 07:32 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jglass View Post
    I find it difficult to scan. Holland Photo Imaging in Austin is my local pro lab and they do a pretty good job, tweaking each image. But they're not cheap. Good luck.
    Unfortunately, I've not had any luck with their scanning services. I've not had any pleasing scans. In fact, I did some research and got a dedicated scanner that does 35mm and all the 120s, and I do them all myself. It's a shame, really, cause they have excellent equipment...and not once did it seem that they took the time to tweak the images....felt like auto mode results...lots of banding. They'll still get my business for developing and for when I need film in a pinch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
    Unfortunately, I've not had any luck with their scanning services. ***** Edited ***** They'll still get my business for developing and for when I need film in a pinch.
    Thanks Franswa !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron LarFor4X5 View Post
    Thanks Semeuse !

I was expecting some intelligent responses.

Not answers from a couple of. Q.G. Wannabes ...
    Ron, this is not an appropriate topic for this forum section. So it is completely uncalled for to dish out such an attack on those who took the time to write a reply, as well make implications about another forum member who hasn't even replied in this thread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Scanning questions relating to putting images into the gallery are on topic for APUG, everything else relating to scanning is not.

So, assuming that you're looking to the slides up in the gallery, there are some low-end scanners for around 100 USD that would probably do just fine for web based display, and might be quicker than your current scanner.

Otherwise, there are excellent and very informative discussions on the pros and cons of various scanners and scanning services on dpug.org

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You have a few answers, but this is OT for APUG. Why not give it a go over at our sister site, DPUG?

http://www.dpug.org/forums/home.php
    Last edited by SuzanneR; 03-02-2011 at 07:32 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added a link

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin