Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,509   Posts: 1,543,563   Online: 1054

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Best slide film for Arizona and New Mexico in Summer

I will be touring Arizona and New Mexico in June and would like to shoot some slides of the areas visited. My preferred slide film in Australia is Velvia 50 but wondered if there is something else that better captures the natural desert colors of the US. I will have a DSLR along as well which may be an interesting comparison.

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Expect high contrast scenes and, if the weather cooperates and produces some clouds, colorful sunsets. PM me if you will be anywhere near the northern NM mountains. Use what you are familiar with; Velvia is a good choice but you might also want to try some Portra CN.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    When I used to shoot color, Velvia was my go-to. The Kodak E100VS (is that right?) also surprised me as it handled the clouds better than Velvia had. Honestly though, I agree with mts, use what you know.
    K.S. Klain

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin