Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,382   Online: 1090

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fuji South Carolina Send Away for 120 / 220?

I'm having an issue with sending off E-6 120 to Fuji in SC. They service both my local Rite Aid and Wal-Mart. I've had horrible service with Fuji not following special instructions (do not cut negatives for 35mm C-41 and 35mm E-6). I understand most of their work is done using automated machines, but I can't for the life of me get a clear answer on what I'm to put on the envelope and what they can actually do for me?

What is worst, when I call them, I get a different story each time and forget Rite Aid and Wal-Mart knowing anything.

I want to get 120 and 220 film processed in both C-41 and E-6 and get back uncut negatives in a sleeve. Anyone else have experience with these guys that can feed me some info on their experiances?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you in SC? If you are, then try and go a RITZ camera. In columbia, specifically the RITZ by richland fashion mall will do 120 c41 in house. I think that I have had them process 220 for me before as well. About every 1 in 6-8 rolls will have something wrong with it. They cut a frame off of some of the new portra I shot when I was in town last over christmas, and on several occasions they have crimped and bent film ruining a frame or two.

All the best with finding an alternative.
    M. David Farrell, Jr.

----------------------------------------------
    ~Buying a Nikon doesn not make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner!

~Everybody has a photographic memory, but not everybody has film!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I live near Farmville VA, the closest shop that develops in house is Richmond Camera 2 hours away, but they'll stop processing film this summer. So was hoping for something I could do in town. I'd mail it out, but the return shipping cost most labs charge is horrible if you do one or two rolls. I shoot mostly B&W and do that at home, but don't feel like I do enough color to warrant buying the chemicals or keeping my jobo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just send it to Dwayne's they do E-6 C-41 in all sizes you mentioned.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why not soup your own film? Its not any harder than B&W, just a couple more steps. Holding temps is not as critical, or as hard, as you might think either. The chem kits are available from Freestyle, and its cheaper than sending out.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hear you all, especially since the lab in SC keeps saying they'll call me back and never do, I picked up some stuff to soup my own this morning.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin