Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,204   Online: 862

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What is the main difference (if any) between Type II and Type DP II?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    What is the best color paper to get while we still can? I ask because a 5"x575' roll of Kodak Ektacolor Supra III is almost 1000 5x7 prints so if I get it I hope I like it. The price is right at least though the shipping is almost as much! Too old?
    If you are talking about the roll on b&h web site, I bought it. I too could not resist a bargain. It produces nice rich colors. The wrapping of the roll I got was a bit damaged by shipping, so it has a touch of fogging on the edge in one spot of the roll. Otherwise, no age-induced fogging and no yellowing. Great paper. While old, it prints much better than the newer Supra Endura that I have which does show quite a bit of fogging from its age. YMMV.

Eugene.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, it is indeed a bargain.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've printed optically onto Type II paper with no problems at all. I would suggest as Photo Engineer did, to look into your chemistry.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bannow View Post
    I've printed optically onto Type II paper with no problems at all. I would suggest as Photo Engineer did, to look into your chemistry.
    That's great to know, Jeff. Did you use regular RA4RT chemistry? Kodak?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    From the Fuji tech. sheet: "This paper is designed for use with FUJICOLOR Paper Process CP-40FA, CP-43FA, CP-47L, CP-48S, and CP-49E, or RA-4 type processes." You may want to see if you can get one of the other processes and if it gives better results.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    Somebody is cutting Kodak Endura down because I saw boxes of it for sale on ebay. They were white boxes rather than Kodak yellow. Endura is the name of all of Kodak's color paper. Supra Endura (medium contrast) was discontinued in sheets and replaced by Supra Endura VC in rolls, Portra Endura (low contrast) was discontinued altogether years ago, and Ultra Endura (high contrast) is still available in rolls.
    A quick checked turned that up in 11x14 only. I think I'll drop them a line and ask a) if it's in date (listing doesn't say) and b) if they will do other sizes. If I can get 8x10 and 11x14 I'm good. I occasionally like to print 5x7 but I can cut down a sheet of 8x10 now and then, or use my old multiprint easel that does two 5x7s or other combinations on one sheet of 8x10. 16x20 would be nice but I don't even have an easel that size right now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Who has cut Endura? How much? No shipping of an RA-4 paper from Henrys yet, still thinking about that old Ektacolor roll at B&H.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Who has cut Endura? How much? No shipping of an RA-4 paper from Henrys yet, still thinking about that old Ektacolor roll at B&H.
    Search eBay for "Kodak Endura Supra" and you'll turn it up in 11x15 F and N surface.

I haven't asked the seller about other sizes or expiration date because I'm not ready to buy now, but I wish someone would.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found some 8x10 Supra Endura, 4/2009 dated on the bay. I bought a pack, the auction listing says it has more than 10 more packs of it but I want to try a pack first before buying a lot (though there may be none left by the time it gets here to try out). There is some Fuji Type C from another seller but they only have 2 packs. Those are the only sellers (that ship to Canada anyways) that I could find of any color paper so unless I'm using the wrong search parameters the stuff really is scarce!

The capacity of the 10L Kodak RA-4 kit should be something like 500 8x10 or 1000 4x5" sheets, right? So that 575' foot roll from B&H would perfectly match it for capacity but I could only make small 5x7ish or 5" wide panoramic prints. At least 8x10" is a decent size. Might want to get a roll of the Ektacolor too, it is so darned cheap. I just hope my Kodak 10L kit actually arrives, if not I'll have to get the Tetenal 5L kit or I'll have some color paper packs to stare at...

Happiness is...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin