Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,286   Posts: 1,535,278   Online: 886

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The paper was run through a Kreonite dry to dry 20" processor. I'll check to see what chemistry was used (this was at a public darkroom).

I was only doing contact sheets, but didn't see anything particularly off about the colors or contrast.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Endura from 2009 will be fine. I've used stuff much older than that with fine results. It is somewhat scarce though I still keep finding it.

10L of RA-4 should do at least 500 8x10s. Probably more. I am on my first batch of 10L that I am keeping track of, and am about 7L down, with several hundred 8x10 and 8.5x11 prints made. I turned down the replenishment quite a bit and it still processes great. (CP-31).

Enjoy,
    -Ed

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Does anyone know if Fuji is going to continue to make the Super Type C in rolls.
    I see it still listed on B&H web sight but not in luster for 20in rolls.
    Are they going to drop the Super C rolls for the Type 11 and PD stuff..
    John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So I've now printed with all three types I've got so far, Kodak Ektacolor Supra III in 5"x575' roll which I cut up in the dark, Kodak Supra Endura 8x10" sheets (Expired 2009) and fresh Fuji Crystal Archive Type II 8x10" sheets. I'm surprised, the Supra III is old but it still looks great! No fogging at all, nice colors, not hard to balance, quite neutral colors. The Supra Endura is quite warm, I have to work hard to get rid of some extra yellow though I do like how it looks overall. The CA Type II also works though it seems tough for me to get the color balance perfect but it can be done with some tweaking; the Fuji CA is quite cold compared to the Endura. I was thinking about getting some 11x14" Endura to try but I'm still unsure as I'm actually finding it the toughest to color balance of the three papers and my wife really prefers smaller prints for snapshot type stuff so even 8x10" is kind of big for most of what I do in color. Might get one box of 11x14" for some nice color landscapes...

I'm printing from Ektar, Reala, NPH, Portra 160NC, 400VC, mostly developed myself in the Tetenal Powder. I'm using the Kodak Ektacolor RA-4 RT 10L kits but just making up 500mL of dev and blix at a time for my little 8x10" trays.

I find all three papers quite usable. I seem to have bought the last 5" roll of Supra from B&H and have half a mind to pick up the 4" roll too, for $29 it is such a great deal for a long roll! But it will probably take me a while to print through the 5"x575' which is going to be something close to 1000 5x7" prints plus a few 5x14" panoramas. How much longer will that old paper last I don't know, perhaps a second roll would be foolish thinking I'd get through it.

If all I can get is CA Type II then I can print on it. It is very lightweight but easy to use. I actually haven't used the Fuji Type C so I may not know what I'm missing.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    does anyone tray develop with CA II?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes I do, it works fine in trays. I use the Arista RA-4 chemical kit at room temperature (68˚-75˚ F). I don't really care for the thin base, but I have gotten a few decent prints from it.
    Cameras:
    Canon EOS Elan II/E, Elan 7, and 630. -- Bronica ETRS -- Pentax 6x7
    My Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I only use trays for all my printing on Fuji CA II and Kodak. No machines for printing or film dev, just me.

Also room temp.

The thin base is helpful while working in the dark, the floppy paper slides into the liquid like a seal compared to the weightier Kodak papers.
    Last edited by hpulley; 04-28-2011 at 02:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You know, if Kodak made such a light weight paper, you all would b**ch about it!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After spending a couple of hours cutting down a roll of Supra in the dark this morning I'd be happy if Kodak still made cut paper at all, thin and floppy or otherwise!

I'm just glad I didn't cut myself. Try explaining that in emerg, "So I was cutting a 575 roll of paper in the dark and I cut myself. The bleeding wouldn't stop though at first I just thought I'd spilled my blix" "Psych consult to emerg, psych consult to emerg..." "No! No! I can explain! I was just printing RA-4!"

Af
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    You know, if Kodak made such a light weight paper, you all would b**ch about it!

PE

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

PE
    I think that on the subject of RA4 paper a lot of us had a great liking for Kodak. All you have to do, PE, is persuade Kodak to continue to make and offer cut sheets. There is a great and cheap opportunity for Kodak to win over its lost customers.

Compared to the small savings of cutting out the cutting machines in the process, there must be large losses from frustrating consumers. Imagine Ilford declaring tomorrow that in future users will have to buy rolls and cut their own sheets!

It's a marketing opportunity for Kodak waiting to be taken advantage of. A "no brainer" as they say. Fuji has played into Kodak's hands. What more does Kodak need?

pentaxuser

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin