Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,012   Online: 868

Shooter
    Large Format

First time E-6 processing!

Everybody,

Just to let everyone know, I just processed our first E-6 at the house! Thankfully someone here mentioned that E-6 comes out of the tank muddy/dark and then pops (I think magic was mentioned ) out. Thanks to everyone who posted pros/cons of doing this at the house, very cool and not that hard.

Really jazzed. I'm not sure how well I did but I had fun, tomorrow will tell.

erick

Shooter
    35mm
    Developing my slides at home was the smartest move I made in my 38 years of photographic activity. Fast, economic, highest quality, and deeply rewarding even!
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Awesome stuff, well done!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Welcome to the club!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks! First round came out great, second round not so much...has something to do with me grabbing the wrong lid on the canister. Ahh excitement and aggravation all wrapped up into one event. Oh well, it happens. Luckily a few of the images came out so I know where there were taken. The bonus, we can go back there. I have to go downstairs and view round 3.

Thanks again, really glad we made the jump into the color developing, its too easy. I remember doing this in my dormitory bathroom sink in college but I didnt remember that I actually did that until I got the E-6 kit, must have been the same box/company. Crazy.

Take care,

erick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Too bad both Kodak and Fuji killed type R paper and Ilfochrome has become a prohibitively expensive special order item.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    what kit(if you used a kit) did you use? I'm regretting not picking up a few of the 5L kits when they were still available....

-Dan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Dan,

Yep it was/is a 3 bath kit. First developer, color developer then blix, and stablizer. All made by tetenal.

I just ran through the 10th film (120) in a kit that can do 12 rolls, so far so good. I was really lucky, a friend ran a photo lab and he gave me their spare, never used, Jobo CPA processor (european version) as a gift! Just waiting on the jobo tanks to show up to make it even easier (I hope).

./e

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wow, now that is a gift! I'm really glad to hear someone new join the home E6 club. I'm still trying to figure out what kit to go with once I'm done with my Kodak 5L (probably 75% through now). Leaning toward just paying the piper and importing a 5L Fuji 6 bath from the UK (to the US), which, surprisingly enough, is still cheaper than sending it to my local lab at $15 / roll of 120.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guyjr View Post
    ...sending it to my local lab at $15 / roll of 120.
    you might want to try Samy's in Santa Barbara, they do 35/120/220 for $5/roll

www.samys805.com/film-processing/

I just gang up my order(about every 2 months or so), and the savings IMO are well worth it! Great processing too!

-Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin