Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,520   Posts: 1,543,797   Online: 803

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
    Are you sure? Have you seen unprocessed E6 movie films to check this by yourself? I unfortunately haven't checked it by myself, but Kodak says they HAVE remjet backing, and I'd rather trust them.

Here is a message from Kodak I got forwarded from one guy who asked whether the 5285 Ektachrome 100D could be used in still cameras;
    I'm afraid the Kodak rep got it wrong. I have a spool of 100D (code 5285, off the top of my head) and it definitely does not have a remjet backing. Not only have I seen the film, but I've used it and my lab (The Lighthouse Lab in Sydney) has processed it for me with no ill effects.

I remember when I was researching before I bought it that I found a reference in Kodak literature to the effect that it had no remjet, but I don't have time to try and find it again...
    Last edited by David Grenet; 03-07-2011 at 11:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: formatting

Shooter
    Multi Format

the hairdye treatment

for my friend in turkey: to my great fortune i found a spool of undeveloped ektachrome! so i tried it out in 6ml/10oz water hairdye for 40 min at 70 F with minimal stirring, washed, then fixed washed and final rinse and it works! not the best scan (my scanner is horrible) some color information is evident. also as for b&w I took some snaps on old Valca 6 Din Ortho (f5.8/15secs) and developed that in 10ml h20 and 10ml hairdye for 15min at 70 F and it works, but very slowly as my negs were thin & underdeveloped and needed to be scanned at lowest brightness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ektachrome_hairdye.png   valca_hairdye.png   valcaneg.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    so this was simply water + hair dye with no other ingredients? wow...fun

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i just eyed it, no strict measurements. and I used water from the tap. I will try longer dev times also see how it works on paper

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yurisrey ,

You are one great experimenter and I liked your Empire States Building pictures series very much. Do hairdye mix in to the water homogene ? Why there are blemishes on the negatives ? Empire States pictures looks like cyanotype. Thank you again.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you all for your time . John , Do you use your 32 kilograms bag of coffee to make developments ?
    I will cook Turkish Coffee to my mother with all great experimenters in mind.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi umut! thanks! the hairdye mixes quite well with water. suprisingly, there weren't any blemishes. ji recommend to wear arm-length gloves because the ones included in hairdye kits are okay, but i did get some dye on my forearm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Thank you all for your time . John , Do you use your 32 kilograms bag of coffee to make developments ?
    I will cook Turkish Coffee to my mother with all great experimenters in mind.

Umut

i sure do umut ! ( and i drink it the same way you do )

enjoy your coffee!

john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Grenet View Post
    I'm afraid the Kodak rep got it wrong. I have a spool of 100D (code 5285, off the top of my head) and it definitely does not have a remjet backing. Not only have I seen the film, but I've used it and my lab (The Lighthouse Lab in Sydney) has processed it for me with no ill effects.

I remember when I was researching before I bought it that I found a reference in Kodak literature to the effect that it had no remjet, but I don't have time to try and find it again...
    Thank you!

I was suspecting this by myself too, since I couldn't find any information about rem-jet backing in E6 movie films.

Now I think this is cleared and Mr. Kodak was wrong, OMG .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin