Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,344   Online: 786

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Velvia 100 @ EI 6, 3 min in E-6, or C-41 cross?

Hey,

So I've got a 120 roll of Velvia 100 sitting here, which I am fairly sure is from my days at uni last year when I went up in the helicopter.

Also had a shot a roll of Ektar 100 that say dame.

The lens was stuck at 1/15th for any speeds faster than 1/15th, and I had it set at 1/250th, so that's +4 stops of overexposure, the Ektar still came out, that was already processed, I wondered why it was so dense, then remembered that I later found out the shutter speeds weren't working properly on that lens.

I have both my own Kodak Flexicolor C-41 and Kodak E-6 chems.

So I can run any time in either of these.

Should I process say 3 minutes in E-6 for first dev?

Or run it through standard C-41? Or shorter time C-41?

I've run film through C-41 @ 2 minutes without problems, so I wouldnt hesitate to run a 2 minute time if need be to keep the film from getting too dense.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would shoot a test roll 4 stops over and try pull processing in E6 with that first...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Aleady processed in C-41 @ 2min 15sec

Not the roll I thought it was. But colour is very good, and was already overexposed as I remember now I was planning it for a rehal (as a neg) dynamic range stress test.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin