Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,809   Posts: 1,581,523   Online: 992

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd be interested in a kit or two for starters(Fuji E-6 5l kit that is).

so, about 194 kits to go ? I can't imagine it'd be THAT hard for Fuji to start selling them here, especially since Hunt, IIRC is making them here in the USA. One of the girls at Fuji Chem's 1-800 phone line was able to e-mail me c-41 and e-6 chem info, so I don't think it'd be THAT hard, especially since Kodak has left a "niche" market for Fuji to grab a hold of.

maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

but how's this: A 5L e-6 kit for say, $40-50 from Freestyle? I'll bet they'd sell like hotcakes if priced competitively. And it'd help keep people shooting e-6 films, even if they sc@n(shhhh ) it instead of optically print

-Dan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I would be happy to buy the 10L Kodak chemicals if I could. The problem is that my dealer tried and found that the dealer needed to buy case quantities of six. 10L is one thing, even if some goes bad. 60L is a loser. I tried to poke my buddy at B&H about them doing it but they will not touch the hazardous shipping. It would take one of the guys that already do this in bits in pieces to commit to it (Calumet, Adorama, Unique,...) and the problem would be solved. No need to repackage. $50 for a 5L is below what Kodak sold theirs for and probably not going to happen, but right now, there is no solution for those of us that do a moderate amount of E6.

Shooter
    35mm
    Kodak is killing its own market.
    Large quantity is for the masses and the masses use digital cameras.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I wonder what the real economics of reselling 10L bottles is... But the guy at Armidillo told me the issue wasn't breaking up the 6x10L kit, it's that the 10L bottles are not labeled for individual sale. I wonder what the issues would be for someone on the boards to buy a set and split it up? ... Personally, I'd likely pay $150 or a little more for a 10L kit - that's cheaper than buying the same quanitiy of the 1 Gallon Kits at Free Style.

Shooter
    35mm
    Albert,

Based on some more research, I've started looking into putting together kits of chemicals. (mainly because to make it relatively affordable, you need to buy large volumes of chemistry, and I don't take that many pictures..)

I think the 10l quantities as sold by Kodak are pretty much non-starters for most of the items - it ends up being quite expensive. (with bleach being the worst, followed by color dev, followed by 1st dev).

However, buying larger quantites (like the 19l boxes), the shipping becomes painful. (on average, close to 1/2 the cost of the item itself).

I believe it would be a stretch though to sell a kit to do 10l for less then 150$, and maybe more depending on the shipping costs. However, I'll dig a bit further, and see what may be possible.

Would appreciate any feedback if anyone might be interested in this.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    WildBill - I'd totally be in for some of those Fuji 5L kits...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just priced out a 6x10 L (2L of bleach) set of Trebla chemistry, it's less than $600 shipped. considering I have a 20# bottle of nitrogen at my house, I wonder how long that would last me... Anyone know what's required to rebadge this stuff and resell it? I mean, I could make copies of the labels coming off the 6 pack boxes...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not to steal your thread but I've been getting messages after posting my response on the first page. I've started a new thread for interest in fuji's kits.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...oping-kit.html
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    fyi, I contacted badger graphic about making a order for fuji's Chrome 6 5liter kits. He said it would be possible but would likely require an order for a couple hundred of them. Not promising.
    I posted to your Flickr thread.
    - Bill Lynch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin