Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,273   Online: 1109

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lyga View Post
    It would be very nice if there were a way to clear the light (yellow) fog that starts creeping up on color paper that is not new. True, you can still make great prints but, unlike BW paper that can be run though a quick, dilute Farmers reducer to bring back the true whites, color paper cannot achieve this. Or can it? Intuitively, I really think that there must be a way to remove, overall, a light tint of yellow with some chemistry unknown to me. If so, it would be gratifying to bring back those true, unadulterated whites.
    With BW paper, usually the best approach is to add some antifoggant or restrainer to developer. In fact, they normally exist there, usually as bromide, some formulas even have some benzotriazole, so you just increase the antifoggant level to lower fog. Speed goes down simultaneously.

In fact, the same principle should work with color products as well! You can try adding bromide to developer. However, I'm not so sure if it will work very well... Worth trying anyway.

And, I'd bet there are more efficient antifoggants for color papers than just bromide.
    Last edited by hrst; 03-17-2011 at 06:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sandholm View Post
    Well, from a friend at the photo club here, but when I looked it up its NOT the 20x24 that is discontinued, its the 10x12 and 16x20 . So my plan of freezing 20x24 will be placed on ice

thanks for all the replay

cheers
    16x20 is being discontinued? That would be downright weird - it's a much more popular size than 20x24.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    16x20 is being discontinued? That would be downright weird - it's a much more popular size than 20x24.
    I gues they think that people will by 20x24 and cut it down or something, but its stated on several homepages, for example Silverprint: http://www.silverprint.co.uk/Product....asp?PrGrp=131

"FUJICOLOUR CRYSTAL ARCHIVE SFA 4MP NEG PAPER
    BACK IN STOCK (12/4/10) ON AN ONGOING BASIS - HOWEVER PLEASE NOTE THAT 10x12" & 16x20" ARE LIMITED STOCK AND WILL NOT CONTINUE (unless sanity prevails)"

cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin