Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,801   Online: 835

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Cat number for KODAK EKTACOLOR RA Developer Replenisher RT

I'm looking for cat number for KODAK EKTACOLOR RA Developer Replenisher RT 4x5l. I can't find it anywhere on the net.

I'm not looking for cat number for RT/LU version, which I know is 529 2396.

As KODAK EKTACOLOR RA Developer Replenisher RT/LU in my experience does not work with Supra Endura VC and Fuji CA in trays and the names are so similiar I need the cat number to check if I can order it locally.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What is the problem with the RT/LU developer? Maybe I can help.

OTOH, I might be able to find the RA/RT developer replenisher # here somewhere.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    We allready discussed the issue:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/8...e-problem.html

Since that I tried Fuji CA and the results were similiar - mottle, bad DMax, and blue cast in shadows so I guess it's not shot paper.

From what I've seen on Kodak site only the RT version in recommended for use in trays, and RT/LU is recommended only for roller transport:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/busin...?pq-path=12552

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So we did! Over 6 months ago. Sorry, I forgot.

Ok, here is the Cat # for a 10 L kit (A + B + C) taken from the bottles ...

841 5580

I'll bet that number is obsolete though.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AG Photographic sells or sold 529 2396, and I have used it in trays at room temperature for both Kodak Supra Endura and Fuji CA paper with absolutely no problems. However, I haven't tried Endura VC. And now I remember that thread of yours some time ago. Did you hear back after sending paper samples?

And, what makes you think that the another developer would work? Have you tried higher temperature? It will be cumbersome, of course, but for testing to narrow down the problem it won't take too long.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by hrst View Post
    AG Photographic sells or sold 529 2396, and I have used it in trays at room temperature for both Kodak Supra Endura and Fuji CA paper with absolutely no problems. However, I haven't tried Endura VC. And now I remember that thread of yours some time ago. Did you hear back after sending paper samples?
    In the end I did not send the samples.

Which Fuji CA did you use? Plain CA? I think there is half a dozen CA types.

And, what makes you think that the another developer would work?
    Honestly, its hope. I have a big stack of negs and I see no reasonable way of finishing the project other than printing optically and developing it myself.

Have you tried higher temperature? It will be cumbersome, of course, but for testing to narrow down the problem it won't take too long.
    I tested development at about 38C and the result both with Kodak RT/LU and Tetenal chems gave me same bad results. I have not tested Supra Endura but both work fine with old Supra III.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pakor.com has it, i think (makes 10L not 5L though)

KODAK EKTACOLOR RA DEVELOPER RT, 10 LITERS, 4 PER CASE, KODAK#8415580
    Part Number: 444-1021
    Kodak Ektacolor RA Developer RT

10 Liter Size
    4 Per Case

Kodak Part Number 8415580

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Again, I repeat, Supra III is so old it is nearing the end of its lifetime unless frozen.

But, again I repeat that if at 38C you get mottle, something is probably wrong and you should contact Kodak! I hope that with the 38C process you used a prewet before development and a stop bath after development. These are mandatory with 38C processing.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Domin View Post
    In the end I did not send the samples.

Which Fuji CA did you use? Plain CA? I think there is half a dozen CA types.
    I think it's "plain" CA. I have bought it a few years ago. I have to check. I know that Fuji's naming system is even more confusing than Kodak's .

I found that, compared to Kodak Supra Endura, it differs in filtration about 5 units in M and Y, and in speed maybe about 1/3 stop or less. And it produces a little bit more saturation and "punch", but otherwise is very close to Kodak.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin