Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,636   Online: 1161

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Ron, I take it from your suggested measurements that I should get the powder form?
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Greg;

The solution is fine as you can then ad a few ml to the developer. It is extremely powerful on the Chloride emulsions used in Endura. I would start at 1 mg / L and work upwards.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just out of curiosity, what is the fix for the magenta toe issues?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thisismyname09 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is the fix for the magenta toe issues?
    I was not aware that there was a magenta toe problem, as all of the posts so far relate to a cyan problem.

But, if you insist! About 10 mg - 2 g/l of Phenidone in 1 L of developer used to work for this problem. Both the cyan and magenta fix can be used together and do not interfere with each other. BUT.... the magenta fix has been proven to work only with some couplers, just as the cyan fix has been shown to be emulsion position specific, so IDK if it will still work as the magenta coupler has been changed recently.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Will PMT work with any three-part developer that contains CD3?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkroom_rookie View Post
    Will PMT work with any three-part developer that contains CD3?
    I cautioned that it might work. I also limited the possible effect to color paper, and I further add that I have no experience beyond Kodak developers.

So, you are all on your own.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This may be a bit off topic, but I've seen much good advice from the folks in this thread. I am an experienced ra printer, but I've been having a problem with a cyan stain along one side of the paper when i pop it out of the drum. It even happens with unexposed paper. I've troubleshot every possible solution to this issue (again, I'm no newbie), but I can't seem to resolve it. Perhaps this 3/4 mile long named chemical may work. Any thoughts/help are very appreciated. I'm using a CPA-2, 16x20 drum (which is level), Kodak Ektacolor RA chemistry (which I've used at several temps in order to assure it's not a developer time issue), a Superchromega (which I've inspected to ensure even filtered light distribution) and Crystal Archive Super C.

I'm going friggin' bananas and any advice will reduce my current overindulgence in Heineken as a remedy.

Larry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A fog along one edge indicates a safelight or room light problem, and not the type discussed here.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by scarletbegonias View Post
    I've been having a problem with a cyan stain along one side of the paper when i pop it out of the drum
    Larry, have you tried rotating the sheets 1/2 turn, in the drum? If so, does the problem stay with the same side of the drum,or does it go to the other side? This test can help isolate the problem - as a processing artifact vs edge fog on the paper.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin