Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,404   Online: 1100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Portra 400 Pricing???

Okay, so the new Porta 400 is expensive now compared to the old 400NC and 400VC. I'm thinking it is because it's new and the demand is high for it. Do you think the price will settle down? Especially for 220 which is over $10 / roll! OUCH!

Thought?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The price of silver is much higher than just a year ago. This affects film prices.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    North of the border in Toronto, Fuji pricing is way up, Kodak only a bit behind for C-41 materials. B+W hasn't jumped as much. I'm suspecting more than usual gouging on price here since the C$ is above par with the US$.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's £4.19 for a roll of 120 here, by comparison, Fuji 400H is £3.35.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also, film is becoming more and more niche product, that will inevitably increase the price somewhat, but nothing to be overly scared of. This is additional to silver cost rise etc. Just keep buying it, that will keep the price at a reasonable level.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was asking my local pro dealer about the new Kodak Portra films and he told me he had stopped stocking Kodak films because they had become too expensive, he still keeps a few of the Fuji Pro films in, but most of his customers shoot digital
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have begun using Portra 400 in 120 size. Local price where I shop is $26.84 for a 5 pack plus sales tax it's $29.05. I was considering Adorama. They have it at $26.50 with free shipping. The 400VC is less and the 400NC is more than the new 400. It takes so long to get here to Houston from NY the way Adorama ships, that I don't mind spending the little extra locally for immediate satisfaction.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drkhalsa View Post
    ...I don't mind spending the little extra locally for immediate satisfaction.
    Not to mention helping to give your neighbors jobs.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Right on!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The new Portra 400 on 120 is the same as the old NC/VC in the UK. However, the new stuff on 135 is way more expensive.

What I find more bizarre is that 220 is more than twice the price of 120... Huh???
    Hasselblad, Mamiya RB, Nikonos, Canon EOS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin