Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,600   Online: 923

Shooter
    Medium Format

Unicolor/Tetenal C-41 kit for cross-processing E6

Hi all, I have a couple of quick questions:

Can you use the Unicolor C-41 powder kit to develop (cross-process) E6 film?

I guess the answer is yes, then goes my second question:

If I mix a 1 litter kit, and use it for xprocessing (say one or two rolls), can I then reuse the chemistry as normal to process other rolls of C-41? or is my chemistry screwed?

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by cs_foto; 03-29-2011 at 08:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Of course you can, that's the idea and definition of cross-processing ;-).

Chemistry is not ruined, however there might be SLIGHT differences how much the wrong types of film exhaust the chemistry. That's why the labs have some kind of instruction how much film they can cross-process (something like 20% of their film IIRC) without a need for any adjustment in replenishment ratios etc.

In practice, it shouldn't affect significantly how you can reuse the chemistry, at least if you don't overdo reusing. In any case, if you want to have very repeatable results in C-41 in small tanks, you should use at least the developer as one-shot, even if you do just C-41 films.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin