Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,907   Posts: 1,584,610   Online: 955

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    You never can tell.

Give it a try. However, most reports indicate what appears to be high grain.

PE
    I have 10 rolls or so in the freezer. I shot a roll recently and was pleased with the results. Scanned, not optical prints, so not getting the full potential, but nothing objectionable jumped out. If you have it, shoot it.

Ulysses

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've shot it quite a bit (Ektar 25 and RG 25), and not ever seen any increase in grain. Most all of mine is or was frozen at one point too. Most recently shot it in 35mm about a year ago. I stocked up quite a bit before Ektar 100 was announced.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have some old Ektar 125 that I shot a few weeks ago, I found that I needed to overexpose it by 1 full stop to get good results, and some of the roll had huge grain, and some did not. I have heard similar reports on Ektar 25. Overall I was really pleased with the shots that had "normal" Ektar grain, and some of the shots with the huge grain were not that bad. I can see why there is an artistic movement toward this kind of expired film look, but still it's not my thing.

If you want to see what Ektar 25 used to look like check out Flicker, there are people over there that have posted newly scanned photos from from negatives and photos shot when Ektar was a new film, and some that were shot on expired Ektar recently.

EdSawyer, Do you think you might want to trade a roll of that Ektar 25 for a roll of Ektar 125?
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin