Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,011   Online: 738

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Portra 400

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    here is one at 200

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

portra 400 at 320 with a mamiya 7.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    This thread is worthless without pictures!
    Since he did not reply personally, I would like to advertise the image athiril posted in the experimental gallery: Portra 400 @ ISO 25600. This film is truly impressive and made me buy 10 rolls of color negative film and a developer kit again after years of E6 and B/W.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For those of you who shoot Portra 400 at 320, 200, etc., how do you change the processing times with the C41 chemicals? Lovely pics BTW.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    No you don’t change a thing. I run it normal if i shoot from 200 to 1600. I would also run it normal if I went down to 100 possibly 50. I will do some testing for my self though. If I shoot at 3200 I push one stop in processing and 2 stops for 6400.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    same ^. I don't tell my lab anything and just let them develop normally usually. I've done this for a roll where I experimented and shot all over, ISO wise, and gotten the results I want. I think of the new portra this way: overexpose and you get the creaminess that was inherent with NC, underexpose and you get a little more punch in contrast and color like VC had.

My initial experiments with it were somewhat less than scientific however I think I determined well enough for myself that this film can handle anything I want to shoot color negative for.

There was a strange phenomenon though, something I haven't seen before: On only one of my rolls that I shot at 800-1600 there were huge color shifts. Things that were lit with fluorescent were magenta. It was odd because I have shot portra 400 at 800 and 1600 before without problems.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    The color shifting was also a surprise because I feel like the new portra handles mixed light very well.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Looks solid. Looking forward to getting some rolls back.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    cjbecker and rphenning: thanks! I am excited now. I process C-41 at home and will use the same times no matter what ISO I meter at. Now the only thing I have to learn is how to take some nice compositions as were displayed on this thread. :-)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin