Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,716   Online: 1027

Thread: Supra III - UK

Shooter
    Medium Format

Supra III - UK

If you're in UK, check the popular four-letter site... LOTS of Supra III, and very very cheap... Just wanted to let everyone know, hope it's OK.
    Last edited by darkroom_rookie; 04-15-2011 at 12:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    May I know what's a Supra III? Sounds like a car but I'm guessing its a color film?

Shooter
    35mm
    It has been quite a while since Supra III was made so I'd be a little worried about the age of the stuff being sold.

Someone is selling Ilford MGIII as well which is OK as long as the buyers know that it hasn't been made since 1994! It mught be fine as might the MGIII even if at least 16-17 years old but sellers should say what age the paper is and also that it was superceded by Supra Endura.

I haven't looked at the ad so this is not an accusation but too many sellers use the word "new" when they simply mean unopened. In the case of paper new and unopened are NOT interchangeable words.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darkroom_rookie View Post
    If you're in UK, check the popular four-letter site... LOTS of Supra III, and very very cheap... Just wanted to let everyone know, hope it's OK.
    Presumably it's KODAK PROFESSIONAL SUPRA III colour paper RA-4
    testing...

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes that's the stuff, Kev. Seller is honest enough to say it is well beyond it's expiry date but was OK when last used 5 years ago and has been stored at freezer temp of -18 ever since bought.

His claim however that Kodak says that the life of this RA4 paper at that storage temp is indefinite might be questionable. I could find nothing in the Kodak link the seller provides to establish this assertion The Kodak publication only speaks of thawing time at this temp.

Maybe some Kodak RA4 experts will respond. If there is a good chance that very low temp storage means that there is another year or more of life left in the paper then it might be a reasonable buy.

Personally I liked Supra III.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    The price is low enough to make the risk worthwhile, I think. I probably would have bought it already, but my tiny darkroom makes cutting down rolls practically impossible - I'd need to hire a larger space. Not to mention all this Endura I'm sitting on which needs to be printed as well...
    Steve.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin