Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,507   Posts: 1,543,546   Online: 1063

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Feeling a bit testy today arent we.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder if we could replicate this effect by somehow heating Ektar in a controlled manner for a period of time. Something that will be hot enough to screw up the color this way, but not enough to damage the base. Are there any other examples from the roll?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a thrilling, beautiful shot very much like the standard result from a pinhole camera.
    The compositional axis leading to the front makes this for me and the shallow focus — like that to narrow the 'peg' of visual focii in tilt-shift movements, is great stuff. How about you cast aside your ill-feeling toward the lab, kiss and make up, then frame this image for perpetuity?
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    These are couple other shots off the roll, none as overly prevalent in colour shifts as the first one. The Corvette is actually a candy apple red in real life; I played a lot in Photoshop to make my daughters skin not so red (just about lobster red in the negative); the shadows on the fire hydrant are purple (not blue/black) and the grass has a lot of chromatic aberrations.

2F/2F, I would love to be able to control the process or repeat it in some way. I remember reading about photographers in the 1970's-1980's who found their film too red when really fresh so they would "cook" the film in the oven at a low temperature to have the colour become more normal. There is a resemblance to cross-processing but not the same. How much the Lomo played into it is also up for grabs.

My mom has the flower shot framed in her house, I haven't hear back from the photo competition yet but I also am not holding my breath. I think I might put it as the background on my computer but maybe I need to put hang it on the wall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Corvette.jpg   Sign-with-Sarah.jpg   img045.jpg  
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin