Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,653   Posts: 1,668,803   Online: 945

Shooter
    35mm

35mm color film processing

I have posted this on two other forums. I am close to finishing a roll of Ektar 100 on my new to me Rollei 35S camera with Sonnar lens. I would like to have it processed by someone who does exceptional processing, printing and scanning. I would like to see what this camera is capable of. Can anyone recommend a mail order processor that is really good. I have been given NCPS, San Francisco Photo and Dwaynes. By comparison Dwaynes is much less expensive. Should I pay a lot for a very high resolution scan to see the cameras capability or is a 6 mb scan sufficient? Has anyone compared the results from these companies? I have used CVS 1 hour in the past but am unimpressed. I also used someone about 35 miles West of here, but the pictures are drab and the DVD did not properly download to my computer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey Dave,

Welcome to APUG.

Richard Photo lab in LA is really good.

As to technical stuff on scans that's actually off topic here on APUG.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Dave

If you are that concerned with the care given to the film I would imagine you wouldn't want to send it in the mail where you don't have control over the environmental condition enroute.
    Is there a Pro lab in a city nearby where you can hand deliver and discuss your needs?

Shooter
    35mm
    I live in a small city with no processing except CVS and Walmart. I have used mail order before and have had no problems yet. The closest processor is 30 miles away other than that and I was dissatisfied with the results. Other than that I would have to drive to Nashville, about 2 hours, to go to Dury Camera. I have never tried them.

DaveO

Shooter
    35mm
    For premium results, including premium scan, use NCPS. DwaYANES IS GOOD, BUT THE SCAN WONT BE AS GOOD AS ncps. sEE kEN rOCKWELLS SITE FOR SCAN EXAMPLES.

Shooter
    35mm
    sorry about the caps....

Shooter
    35mm
    Dwayne's does a good job with reversal film, I'm sure the C41 would be as good. Turn around time was always a week and a half to two weeks so I started developing my own but if I didn't I would continue to use them. Although I have never done any business with NCPS, based on services they list on their website and images I have seen at kenrockwell.com, I have to agree with pukalo's opinion on NCPS. NCPS seems to offer the best scanning service at the time of processing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin