Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,509   Online: 920

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fuji Slide film.

Hi,

I have been offered ten rolls of Fujichrome Provia 100F. The film is in date till 2012 sometime,However storage has been in a desk draw at room temp,for the past 5 or 6 months.

Would it be advised to decline the offer,due to the film not being cold stored. Could i expect the film to have degraded over this period of time?.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How much $?

It's in date and stored at probably 70°F, no? Probably completely fine...
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Large Format
    If the price is reasonable, take it.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    If you don't want it, send it this way. Most retail outlets store film at room temperature, which is often warmer than I would guess the average desk drawer is.

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd take it for the right price, it's likely fine.

Shooter
    35mm
    Unless it was in some extreme (e.g. tropical) climate, it should be absolutely fine. The expiry dates on film allow a lot of latitude.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It should be noted that Fuji states that Provia 100F should be kept below 15C (59F) for short-to-medium term storage. I doubt there will be a problem if it's been stored at a somewhat higher temperature, though I would either use it soon or freeze it upon receipt to preclude further changes.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you for the advice everyone.

I decided to take the offer,10 rolls of Provia for £30. Just looking forward now to shooting a few rolls, to see if i can finally get to grips with Provia. At the moment i will be experimenting with a 81A and 81B warming filter's with Provia. Hoping to try and pull out some warmer tones,to counter the cyan look which Provia on ocassions can show.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin