Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,701   Online: 908

Thread: Color woes

Shooter
    35mm

Color woes

Finally mixed up a batch of chems for another try at color. First print nearly black, ok, too much time on the print. Try again tomorrow. Next one just a tiny bit dark, color off, will try tomorrow. Next print, hmmmm... color not bad but why all these white streaks on the paper, unexposed, undeveloped... next two prints, same problem. Did my paper get freezer burned? Or is this agitation? I'm guessing the former with three prints in a row with horrible undeveloped areas:

In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    try processing a sheet in the light. I would say paper flaw.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Paper looks fogged - note the really poor Dmin except for the really bright bit (or is that a flash reflection?) under the carriage. Or is the poor brightness a fault in your photo/scan of the print? Or maybe it's still overexposed.

The streaks look like no developer touched there or maybe damaged paper.
    Last edited by polyglot; 04-20-2011 at 12:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it was drum processed there was probably not enough solution used for each step.

The bluish color looks like it might be under blixed but it could be fogged.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    If it was drum processed there was probably not enough solution used for each step.

The bluish color looks like it might be under blixed but it could be fogged.

PE
    The white streaks tell me that the surface might not have been level (or drum motor). I'd make sure that solution touches all surfaces.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, I fixed it. I added more solution to the tank (+10ml), slowed down how fast I was agitating, and added a pre-soak in lukewarm water. I'm about out of chemicals now, but it lends credence to the saying "The closer you are to quitting, the closer you are to succeeding".
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd suggest using simple&traditional tray processing to get rid of drum-related problems.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin