Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,806   Online: 1035

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tried my B&W safelight today, terrible cyan fog so went back to working in the dark until my Kodak #13 arrives. Will see if I can find 7.5 watt bulb too, current one is 15w.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The OC filter for B&W will definitely not work. Be aware that the #13 is much darker than the OC filter, so the illumination level will be very low.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm used to working in the dark for color printing (how my Dad showed me decades ago) so any illumination at all will be nice. I wasted some Fuji CA this morning because I had the paper upside down it is thin but not THAT thin
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I, too, learned to print color in the dark. Once I tried a Thomas Duplex with the color filters in it, though, I have never gone back.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have never really done color printing in total darkness as far as I can remember. I have always used a Kodak safelight of some sort or another. Currently it is the WR13, but there was a predecessor for the original Type C paper that was brighter due to the slower paper speed at that time.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I always print color in the dark, even back when I was doing it with drums. Once in a while, early on, I used a Jobo minilux, but now I dont' really need the light, so am fine without.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin