Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,504   Posts: 1,543,458   Online: 964

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagic View Post
    Just the thread im looking for. I am trying to use E6 films in xtol 1+1 at 38 degree. >Rinse and fog under light and then do the rest in c41. But it seems that the new Kodak Bleach for Flexicolor isnt strong enough. I Have the 5 liter you dont have to dilute. I was wondering, could i use bleach ror RA4 or maybe a strong farmers reduser solution?
    Is this what you want to do?
    http://jpgmag.com/stories/1228

If so see 22.07:
    http://people.rit.edu/andpph/pf-faq/faq-22.html

I did it and got this:

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/files/5...11003-0004.jpg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, in the case of E6 and C41 bleaches, they are also mild fixers as well due to the use of Ammonium salts in them. To get this process to work, (and its real name is "REHAL" because of the need to return the Silver image to a Halide salt) you need a Ferricyanide bleach with only Sodium or Potassium Bromide in it. This returns the Silver image to a Silver Halide image. It has been explained here quite a few times and requires a sequence that really removes all trace of the Ferri bleach.

The process can be cycled several times if you omit the C41 bleach step and use a Ferri bleach step instead. This builds up more and more color density until you get very dense images with higher speed.

Remember though, if you use any Ammonium bleach, you lose information big time. It is being fixed out by the Ammonia in the bleach.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks PE!!! Love this info!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Not exactly. If i fix after bw development, i wont be able to reversal process it.

mts
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe you can accomplish the same result, i.e. re-halogenation by using quinone bleach and thereby avoid the problems of cleaning out ferricyanide bleach components. I have used quinone bleach for E-6 with good success subject of course to possible archival effects introduced by departing from the official processing formulae.
    By denying the facts, any paradox can be sustained--Galileo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quinone and Persulfate bleaches can cause high dmin in both E6 and C41 unless washed out properly.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There are dozens of posts here on APUG for those willing to search them out.

PE
    However PE, you must keep in mind that the search is pretty useless even for those who know what terms they're looking for. I'm trying to curate some of those posts so if there are some in particular that have good content, please PM me or something.

thanks...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, google does a pretty good job of cataloging APUG and often when I search google, the subject turns up there. A search for Quinone bleach and also Rehal bleach turns up threads here on APUG and also on other forums.

And, the term "rehal" is correct. This type of process was used as a diagnostic at KRL to separate out Silver development from dye production in experimental coatings. It is useful for pushing speed and contrast in color materials.

And... No one will fix the search engine here unless we make some noise, so there is a method to my madness!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So PE, do you reccomend me ZSAS method (http://jpgmag.com/stories/1228) or just as you told me: Farmers Reducer bleach and good clearing/rinse bath?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recommend doing what works for you in the context of what you want to do.

If you bleach with an Ammonium containing bleach and then develop afterwards, you run the risk of losing some of the imaging Silver Halide. This is the first provision I make.

My second warning is that if you use a Ferri, Persulfate or Quinone bleach, you must remove the oxidant before color development or run the risk of high stain.

PE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin