Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,481,984   Online: 856

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks PE for explaining this technically!

PE is right, figure out what you want your work to look like, then formulate your chems. For me, I wanted the stain in my work and that is why I omitted the clear (ie Acetic Acid and Sodium Sulfite) and why my photo below looks as such (which I love):
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/files/5...11003-0004.jpg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I want it as close to E6 as possible, but with its own twist in color and expression. In my process the bleach is the key problem. Kodak C41 bleach is, as PE says, too weak. I havent tried the RA4-bleach (not blix) and im now testing out what will be the best dillution of my SPUR version of Farmers reducer http://www.macodirect.de/spur-liquid...ml-p-2093.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Thanks PE for explaining this technically!

PE is right, figure out what you want your work to look like, then formulate your chems. For me, I wanted the stain in my work and that is why I omitted the clear (ie Acetic Acid and Sodium Sulfite) and why my photo below looks as such (which I love):
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/files/5...11003-0004.jpg
    Your photo is excellent!

Best wishes.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    RA4 bleach fix is even weaker than the other two! Don't use it for films of any sort.

You can use Farmer's reducer, but you must use a clearing bath between the color developer and bleach. I have explained that elsewhere here.

PE
    Can i use Sodium Sulfite (anhydrous) to make this clearing bath? If so, how many grams pr. litre of water?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bilde.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Use about 5 - 20 g/l in a common 1% - 2% stop bath of acetic acid. This should be an effective clearing bath for all strong (Ferri, Persulfate or Quinone) bleaches. Do not use Dichromate - Sulfuric Acid bleach at all for this type of process.

Make sure you wash well after the bleach and after the clearing bath.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Will try this out now. I mixed 50ml + 450 ml of the part A of the Farmers Reducer to make the Bleach. By the way. Isnt Sodium Sulfite , the one i posted picture of, in real terms a Hypo Clearing Agent? Just liky Hypo Clearing from Kodak? I have uploaded a picture of the bottle i made bleach of.I used only the A part in 1+18 dillution.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bilde.JPG  
    Last edited by DarkMagic; 11-28-2011 at 12:36 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: adding picture

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look at the ingredients in part B! It contains hypo! If you wish to remove the silver completely and have no further action then use it but if you need to retain the silver do not use this.

The ferri bleach I referred to is Potassium Ferricyanide + Potassium or Sodium Bromide. This bleaches. Then you fix in a separate step.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used only Part A

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin