Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,958   Posts: 1,586,100   Online: 1104

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fomapan 100 Tray Processing

I am processing Fomapan 100 5x7" in trays and I am getting twice the developing time that listed in the box and MDC at 1:25 in Rodinal. I only agitate once per minute, but can this alone account for a 100% increase in Dev time. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Chris Maness

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's strange. I've developed some 5x7" Fomapan 100 in trays, and quite a bit of 9x12 cm, and found that development times are pretty normal. I don't think there's anything special about this film wrt tray developing; is your regime (agitation patterns and so on) known to work with some other films?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is only my second time using trays. I quickly switched to tanks due to scratching when I first started 4x5". If I am doing a single sheet. I agitate once per minute. Last night I had three sheets so I was pulling the bottom sheet and draining it off per A.A. "The Negative." Accept I think he recommends a 30 second cycle, but I don't think that would halve the dev time. I feel like I am doing something wrong for it to be off by that much. I first suspected fogging, but I have ruled that out.

I am shooting to get them to print nice on normal polycontrast paper without a filter. This might require a little more punch than enlarging. I don't have a 5x7 enlarger or a scanner that can handle anything bigger than 4x5", so I have to contact print everything.

Thanks,
    Chris Maness

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin