Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,958   Online: 786

Shooter
    Multi Format

Jobo ATL 2+ and E6 Question

Hi folks,
    so i got a ATL2+ had an ATL1000 and processed a good fair amount of colour film(E6 and C41). I am no newbie and know what I am doing but there is one thing that I wanted to know as I couldn't find anything on the net.
    I have a Jobo drum 2553 plus the extension which if stacked together would hold 12 rolls of 35mm or 14 MF but the minimum of chem required for 12/14 films is higher than the amount available in the tanks.
    So is there a way to increase the time to compensate for the lack of chem?
    Or is there a nother way.

Just for info the ATL2+ holds 1000ml of solution for each step and I use Fujichem for E6 and C41

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    i have not used the 2000 series reels for a while. I do ten 35mm and 12 of 120 in the 1000ml with absolutely no issues. Kodak's solution capacities can be contradictory but I recall that all but the first developer have twice the capacity of the first. So, it is the only issue. I would be shocked if you noticed a difference. I developed five sheets of 8x10 in an expert drum with the amount set wrong and used 330ml which is like doing five rolls of 35mm in that much and the films looked perfect. I think there is little risk. There is also little to lose by limiting yourself to ten rolls at a time.
    Chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the amount for the films is suggested in a Jobo E6 manual. So I asume they are more informative than any kodak/fuji/tetenal manual.

if there is no workaround I might just make me a DIY solution or just go with the 8 films max, since quality is more important than speed

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin