Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,966   Posts: 1,558,421   Online: 946

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You should get at least 24 8x10" sheets in 1 gallon of blix if not more.

Do you use a prewet? You should.

But, it sounds as if the blix is bad.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't use prewet, if it means rinse between developer and blix. I do new blix in Monday when I can bought new chemicals, maybe blix is dead. But why when i develop sheet of paper only in blix paper become white ?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    A prewet is water before the developer.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The others are all more knowledgeable than I am with color paper and chemistry but, as a side note, whenever I am testing paper for fog or chemistry problems, I like to cut/tear a sheet of paper in half then develop one half, unexposed, and make a photogram on the other half.

The reason for this is because I want to see if the paper gets black where it's supposed to be black and stays white where it's supposed to be white. The other half, unexposed, tells me if there is overall fogging or other problems with the paper.

I suppose I could to the same test with two sheets of paper, making a photogram on one and no exposure on the other but I like to conserve my resources.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin