Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,165   Online: 993

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

fog on colour paper

What colour have fog on colour RA4 paper ? I develop white sheet of paper in RA4 fresh developer and after developing paper looks that. For what do this attached. At first I think my developer is dead and I do fresh developer from fresh concentrate but problem don't go away

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It could be several problems. I see uneven development to start with. I see what might be safelight fog, over development or expired paper. Any of these can do what I see here except the uneven development. That causes the swirly pattern.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I develop in Cibachrome drum at 35 C dev time 1 min. Developer is fresh maybe over development ? Paper is also fresh (1 month) but I cut 30.5 cm x 88 m roll for 30.5 x 45 cm sheets and put paper in to black bug, maybe it is reason ? But I did it before which my first roll and don't have that problem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you prewet and use a stop bath? Lack of a stop bath can cause chemical fog during blixing and also it can cause what appears to be light fog.

But, it could be safelight fog.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Better tell us what you do exactly including what safelights you use. Leave nothing out in your description. This sounds like a lot of work but it will help get us to a solution quicker than us stating possible causes then you telling us bit by bit what you do when developing.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I work in completely dark. Only when i put paper the drum I turn light on and develop paper, but drum construction allow develop in normal light

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In that case, please consider my other suggestions.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I work in completaly dark, until I put paper into the drum I use acetic 2 % stop bath and I use alternative blix, blix works good but maybe It's dead& I develop in that blix app 1.5 roll of paper in 10 litres& Maybe it is a reason

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I develop 1 sheet of paper only in blix and paper become white maybe Blix fix but not bleach and when I develop fix function works but bleach funktion not ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Strange, I always reuse and replenish blix even more than the developer and get no streaks or fog, even with long expired Kodak Supra III paper and cheapest white vinegar as a stop bath. Could it be the choice of chemicals? Tetenal's pro 3-part dev and 2-part blix - made in Germany - is the only economical RA-4 option for darkroom work over here (Croatia) and they work fantastic. Do you agitate and roll the drum well? Is the black bag totally opaque?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin