Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,497   Online: 932

Shooter
    35mm

My first attempt at developing E6 :)

So the past few days I've been developing my own E6, and am really enjoying it.

I thought I'd share links to sample images, see if you guys have any pointers, suggestions, or if I'm dead on

I'm using a Kodak E6 5l kit, with a Jobo CPE2 (no lift) processor.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great shots! I'm with you, I just started developing E-6 a month ago with my Jobo CPP-2, the results are amazing - I so enjoy looking at a good piece of chrome!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am in awe. I would be too scared to try E-6. Maybe one day
    Addicted to caffenol processing
    Will buy stereo cameras, Any Autographic camera with red bellows
    OR Any Vanity or Petitie Kodak Camera -working

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Looks like you are spot on lordvader! E6 isn't really as hard as it sounds. I've found it is actually much easier than B&W because it is a standard, well worn process which doesn't vary by film. Only takes more time, but with a larger tank you can batch films together and get them done in less time.

Happy Valley - Goose Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    wow! nice results!
    threemilesfinal.com - An Aviation Industry and Aviation Photography Blog.
    Canon XSi for the Digital and a Lubitel 166B for the Analog. I'm a Medium Format and Film n00b!

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by woosang View Post
    I am in awe. I would be too scared to try E-6. Maybe one day
    If you can do B&W you can do E-6, the hardest part is getting the chemicals up to temp. Once you get the temp up and holding it will hold long enough to do the developing. For me at least E-6 has not been all that touchy about temp as I had been lead to believe.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the comments

I agree, the fact that E6 is a standard makes it very easy, it's just time consuming, with the process taking me a little over 2 hours (warmup time, process, and hanging up to dry). It seems to take longer than B&W to dry, especially now that we've got cold weather, so drying space is limited

Now I need to rejig my operations so I can do more film per go. I'm currently using 270ml of chemistry (chem goes in beakers, water goes in bottles), but to do more, need to rethink my plan of attack (plus a second water bath !).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is very nice, where did you buy the Kodak 5L kit?
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well done!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin