Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,113   Online: 969

Shooter
    Multi Format

Purple C-41 Negatives?

Today for the first time I developed C-41 film and used my Jobo CPP 2 with the temperature stabilization. I used Unicolor C-41 Powder Kit, 1 liter from FreeStyle. I mixed carefully and watched the temperature and after two 2.0 minute washes the film came out dark purple. So I washed twelve times for one minute and the films are more orange and still purplish. I am waiting for the film to dry and see the final results.

Is this normal?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have used both the Rollei kit and Kodak SM, and I have never seen that.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It is my understanding that with C41 whenever you re-wash you should start over at the bleach and work through the whole process from there.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    It is my understanding that with C41 whenever you re-wash you should start over at the bleach and work through the whole process from there.
    That is what I thought but the blix is dark purple and I think it makes it dark purple. Now that the negatives have dried some, they are more orange. I will watch for the answers here and rewash or blix and rewash after they have dried as advised.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Steve

The film doesn't pick up the color of the bleach. There are actually several different color bleaches and I have not seen any color carry over, the film base ends up the same.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The film has dried the the appropriate shade of orange. I was following Chris' advice that it is never too soon to panic.

thanks,
    Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin