Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,541   Posts: 1,572,774   Online: 901

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Konica Centuria Super 100

Anyone know the reciprocity for this film? It seems to build density fast, my first roll seemed to blast off into orbit.

I have a bunch of stuff that is Exp 2008, but treated well and stored cold, so it appears good as new.

But I still shot it at EI 50.

Was doing some low light landscapes, metered 15 seconds and was like "hmm, better give +2 stops for reciprocity" so went out to a minute, judging by the image dmin (not the base) I'd say for other film I've used, that 4 stops less exposure would be great, but then I'm think it wouldnt be a huge difference on this film since as above it seems to build density quickly.

Next roll as also shot at EI50 the next day.. I will pull that roll.

Anyone have reciproty, and general exposure recommendations with this film?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I have a bunch of rolls of the film from 2002, supposedly cold stored. I've shot the first of the rolls at EI 100 as a test. After seeing the results, I've continued shooting it at that speed. Hare are a few examples with different colors. Here is a shot from the first roll:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cannelbrae/5206172378/

My first roll had a slight red cast to the film base. I adjusted for it while scanning the second roll - off topic here, but I want to be sure I'm not misrepresenting the film. Here is a shot from the second roll:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cannelbrae/5623438993/

You might want to try bracketing a few shots. I wouldn't be surprised if it near full speed. I agree about how quickly it builds density; my overexposed shots get very bright, very fast. I've been extremely pleased with this film over all though as the detail is excellent and the slight warmth doesn't bother me at all.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I could only find a data sheet for Konica Centura 1600.. no reciprocity compensation until 10 seconds!.. and there was a 3200 as well.. damn!

Anyway, so my long exposures were obviously screwed, quite dense, very very little saturation.

But the roll I pulled to 2min 45s, that I exposed at EI 50 (the non-long exp ones) are terrific.. love the colour.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin