Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,477   Online: 909

Shooter
    35mm

What's this brand of 35mm color film?

"Lomography"?

What is this? I notice it on adorama.com along with fuji and kodak options. It seems to come in the basic speeds. Seems to be sold in 3-packs mostly.

Any testimonials or reviews on this?

I'm just curious. Never heard of that brand before.
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All they do is re-brand whatever cheap stock they can get, and make you pay out the @$$ for it. I would stick with the "big 2" for color.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Walnut Grove, MN USA (Laura Ingall Wilder's home)
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Lomography is the latest rage using cheap Chinese toy cameras for artistic purposes. So of course if you want to raise the price on cheap chinese plastic cameras and second rate film, you rebrand it "Lomographic".
    "We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all about two, because 'two' is 'one and one'. We forget that we have still to make a study of 'and'."
    -A. S. Eddington

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    I think it's made by Ferrania. I have 2 rolls that came with one of my ebay cameras, the "redscale" kind, which is nothing but film respooled upside down, so the base acts as a red filter. They also sell film that's designed for cross processing (which you can do with any film I believe), and slide film made using the same emulsion of Agfa RSX 200. I can confirm that the Redscale 100 I have says "made in Italy", and the barcode from the cartridges come back to Ferrania Imaging (of course, the Fomapan cartridges also have a Ferrania code). And by the way, said redscale film can also be made at home by respooling color film upside down

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shot some Ferrania 200 and 800. The 200 ISO film is not too bad but the 800 one is very grainy. It's ok for a change or just snapping around.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks. Very informative!
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin