Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,391   Online: 1088

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I ran a reciprocity test recently. I graphed the resulting times based on densitometer readings of a gray card included in the images. The graph is not meant to represent exact times, but the relative slope that will keep the exposure within good densities. All the exposures given were acceptable, but the ones that were plotted most closely match the original exposure that required no adjustment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img018.jpg  
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    I ran a reciprocity test recently. I graphed the resulting times based on densitometer readings of a gray card included in the images. The graph is not meant to represent exact times, but the relative slope that will keep the exposure within good densities. All the exposures given were acceptable, but the ones that were plotted most closely match the original exposure that required no adjustment.
    Greg-

thanks for doing this!

Rick

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You're welcome. I plan on testing TMY-2 in the near future. I'll post the results when I have them.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm having a hard time interpreting that picture. I don't understand what the circled squares represent vs. the graph.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Those were my own notes. Each square represents a frame on a roll of 135 film and notes the time metered vs. the time given. I circled the frames that most closely matched the original frame that used an exposure too short for reciprocity to play a role. These new exposure times were then plotted on the graph. To keep it organized, I had each row of a contact sheet (every 5 frames) represent a bracket for a given metered exposure time. For example, the third row was for a metered exposure time of 8 seconds, but each frame in that row was given a different actual exposure.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin