Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,132   Online: 880

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is that shot at 1600 and developed normally? I've shot it at 1600 than had it pushed a stop in development with no degradation in IQ.

Shot these with the Nikon 35mm f/1.4G, Portra 400 rated @ 1600, pushed 1 stop, and scanned off a frontier:

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My first post in a LONG while...

This film looks great... I have some on order. Now, hopefully it will have the same punch that 160VC has. I might shoot some A/B of both films

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by F/1.4 View Post
    Is that shot at 1600 and developed normally? I've shot it at 1600 than had it pushed a stop in development with no degradation in IQ.

Shot these with the Nikon 35mm f/1.4G, Portra 400 rated @ 1600, pushed 1 stop, and scanned off a frontier:

Shot at 1600 and developed at 4m 15s instead of 3m 15s (~+2 stop push), at normal processing both films extend deep into the shadows, iirc they are both picking out more than my dSLR at same exposure settings (and the ISO on my camera is rated 1/3rd stop slower than it really is.. according to dxomark).

RPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can anybody give any direct comparisons between Portra 160 and the NC and VC films? What's better? What's worse?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by film_man View Post
    So has anyone had a chance to use this film? Is it like the new 400? The review at figitalrevolution.com is interesting...hmmm.

I ordered 20 rolls of the 160, should be here sometime next week although I'm not sure when I'll be able to shoot it given my schedule next month...
    you sir have earned my admiration and respect! buying 20 rolls of something you don't fully yet know how it performs! I usually only buy them in the pro packs and only after shooting all of them will I decide whether to buy another load

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Shot at 1600 and developed at 4m 15s instead of 3m 15s (~+2 stop push), at normal processing both films extend deep into the shadows, iirc they are both picking out more than my dSLR at same exposure settings (and the ISO on my camera is rated 1/3rd stop slower than it really is.. according to dxomark).
    OK, so rounding it up to 200 ISO (instead of 160) so the math is easier, you underexposed 3 stops, then pushed it 2 stops in the developer. And from what I see you got awesome results.

Do I comprehend this correctly?
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    OK, so rounding it up to 200 ISO (instead of 160) so the math is easier, you underexposed 3 stops, then pushed it 2 stops in the developer. And from what I see you got awesome results.

Do I comprehend this correctly?
    Mine are box speed. I'm talking about the 400 pushed to 1600.

Hence: '(even the portra 400 does pushed to 1600)'

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just did a family shoot with the new 160. I shot it at 100 instead of 160 and it still needs a little more over like at 80 or 50. Overall it is a fantastic film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here are some recent shots.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Did you shoot them at box speed?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin