Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,118   Posts: 1,613,241   Online: 848

Shooter
    Medium Format

E6 Process - Question!

I processed these from a roll of Kodak E100G at home using the Kodak 5L kit. This is the first time I've gotten results like this and am wondering if anyone can tell me what caused it?

TIA!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Describe your process step by step. In the mean time try re-bleaching then re-fixing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Describe your process step by step. In the mean time try re-bleaching then re-fixing.
    I use the steps for small-tank processing as set forth on page 9 of Kodak's J-83 publication.

Just for curiosity, why re-bleach and re-fix? It is possible this was cause by a problem with the first or color developers?

TIA!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've had several issues happen to me in the past; this looks like something that occurs sometime between 1st and color developers. Did you (1) remember to do 1st wash, before the reversal bath? (2) Did you remember to do the reversal bath?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    I've had several issues happen to me in the past; this looks like something that occurs sometime between 1st and color developers. Did you (1) remember to do 1st wash, before the reversal bath? (2) Did you remember to do the reversal bath?
    Thanks for the comments. I did those steps. I follow the Kodak publication and have marked bottles in a tempering bath. I also edited the Massive Dev chart on my iPhone to calculate times and agitation. I've used the process before with good results. I was thinking this might have been caused by stale chemicals, but I dunno.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like insufficient bleaching to me. Bleaching is the longest part of the process- hope you didn't skimp the times?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a classic case of incorrect reversal exposure and possibly a bad wash before the color developer. If it is isolated to the reversal exposure step, then the fogging bath is bad or too dilute. If you used light reversal, it was insufficient. If the wash is involved, you didn't give the film enough wash.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look like shadows only effected.
    The coffee cup images shows potential.
    Cool slant to these.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    This is a classic case of incorrect reversal exposure and possibly a bad wash before the color developer. If it is isolated to the reversal exposure step, then the fogging bath is bad or too dilute. If you used light reversal, it was insufficient. If the wash is involved, you didn't give the film enough wash.

PE
    Thanks! I used the Kodak 5L Single Use Kit, so no light reversal.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin