Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,746   Online: 796

Shooter
    35mm

C-41 post_development question

I apologize for the newbie question, this has probably been asked before but I just couldn't find the answer in my search.

I have the Tetenal kit mixed (1L) and stored in their respective collapsible bottles. My question is, can I pour the used chemicals (post-development in Jobo CPE2) back into their 1L bottles?

Thanks!
    Isa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, this is exactly what I do. I mix up the 3 solutions and store them in their own, WELL LABELED 1L bottle. It is slow to pour back into those bottles so I tend to pour out of the developer tank into a 1200mL graduate rather than slowing pouring them back into the narrow mouthed 1L bottles. Then later I pour the 1200mL graduates back into the 1L bottles, being very careful not to mix them up.

I don't know that you'll really need collapsible bottles. With care you will maintain the 1L volume through the working life of the solutions (I get up to 24 rolls/1L).
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Collapsible bottles are a very poor choice for developer storage. They are made of a plastic that is permeable to oxygen. The idea that you can squeeze out the air is appealing but more oxygen comes through the plastic during storaage. They are fine for other solutions.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The rolling motion in a Jobo, while perfect agitation, tends to aerate the solutions a lot. While this is good for the bleach, it is not very good for the developer and fix.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I normally process enough film to use my chemistry to exhaustion the first time I use it in my Jobo. But I store my bleach in a jobo bottle and recycle it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin