Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,327   Posts: 1,536,986   Online: 1199

Shooter
    35mm

Colour of pre-wash - Fuji films

It has been a while since I processed colour neg but this time I have used the pre-wash. The first four films were all Fuji Superia 200 and the next two were Fuji Superia 400 Extra. So a difference in speed and the fact that one set was "Extra"

I noticed that with the Fuji 200 there was a reddish colour in the pre-wash and yet with Fuji 400 Extra there was none.

Both sets seem to have processed OK and the only difference is that the first set were just Superia and the next two were Fuji Superia Extra. It seems unlikely that the speed difference accounts for the colour

So has anyone else who does a pre-wash notice this difference and does anyone know what it is about the Extra that prevents any colour coming out when pre-washing

Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Slightly different emulsions and dyes, that's all. Did some Fuji Reala this morning which is sort of pink in the pre-wash compared to the shocking green of Kodak Ektar. All came out fine, don't sweat the pre-soak
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin