Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,814   Online: 1098

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Which CLS head do you have? Check to see that the filters are moving properly. On the 450, pop the bulb hatch off, swing the clamp out of the way and lift out the bulb. Now you can see the filters move in and out of the light path. Also check them for dust buildup, that can really mess with filter correction and exposure calculations. There is a switch for the dial indicator lights, but there is enough light spill inside the head for them to be illuminated during an exposure. Depending on the head, the dial units are not Kodak cc numbers but Durst numbers.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whoah, I was being a little dramatic about saying one day. I meant between print sessions, and that was more like a week. I had left the paper in dry place that was more around 75˚f. I apologize for the misinformation.
    Cameras:
    Canon EOS Elan II/E, Elan 7, and 630. -- Bronica ETRS -- Pentax 6x7
    My Website

Shooter
    35mm
    Josh, even a week at 75F isn't much time for a cyan castto form. Unless there were other factors then IMHO this is still a major drawback with the new Fuji paper.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak Royal paper's data sheet says you can store it at 24C/75F for 6 months. Strangely the Fuji data sheet does not say anything like that, just to store it at 55F/13C. Still, I store my Fuji CA Type II paper at room temperature (these days the basement is around 22C) for weeks without trouble. It doesn't take that long to go through a 100 sheet box.

Obviously if you want to store paper for years then freeze it but it doesn't go bad in a day or a week.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji papers have a good selflife even if they are not stored in the fridge.
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a CLS500 head.

I so far have eliminated: Fogging, improper negative development, bad paper, and room temperature chemicals. Also, I checked inside to make sure the filters racked back/forth properly, and that they weren't coated in dust- seemed to work perfectly and were clean. Upped the chem temps to 35C and I believe I see LESS cyan 'fogging', but I can't continue to increase the temp past that because I have no way of maintaining it. It's been a couple of years, but I believe I used the tetenal kit at room temp and got great results. I'm going to try those before trying the kodak chems.

If it all turns out to be to low chemistry temps, I'll just put this whole thing off until I can get my paper processor up and running!

Who here is getting nice color balance at room temp with this paper in trays?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Me, trays only, room temps only, nice color balance with room temperature stored paper.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I work in a fuji minilab, the paper stays in the cupboards for months before being used (none of it is expired of course its all dated thoroughly) so the thought that it cant survive 24 hours or even a week outside a fridge is doubtfull unless theres other conditions involved. The AC in the minilab went down for two weeks and the machinery in the room a size of a closet caused it to be so hot the lab techs had to take turns walking outside in the general store area and the paper was still fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin