Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,773   Online: 1205

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

An Introduction: XXLtd.Lab - Only Contact Positive from Negative, ECN-2 Still Lab

I hope this thread is not seen as being overly solicitous, but I have been asked by several of my customers, avid film shooters and members of these fora, to make my presence known here.

I run XXLtd. Lab, out of Cleveland, OH.

We are, to my knowledge, the only lab making positives from C-41 and ECN-2 negatives.

We're one of the few or only one left offering optical machine prints in the near future.

We offer limited 8- and 16mm processing services.

And we are avidly pro film, although we do offer limited digital services as well.

Several of you on here I have seen start threads about ECN-2 processing of still film, old Seattle Filmworks film.

We can offer ALL of the services formerly provided by the likes of Dale, SFW, Red Dot, Signature Color, etc. I personally hate to see all of the misinformation out there as to who can do what, and it is three or four years out of date.

Our thread on Photo.net was deleted as solicitation, even though SOMEONE ELSE wrote a solicitation for Dale labs almost two years out of date.

There are some movie labs that run this service, but I can tell you it is negative only, and they use staples at heads and tails which cost you 5-6 frames on each end.

We lose NO FRAMES when processing ECN-2 film, use the CORRECT ECN-2 chemistry, and offer all of the finest 500T and slow dayllight 35mm MoPic films for sale from Eastman Kodak and Fujifilm.

Despite some other misinformation on here, as well, there is NO CONTRAST MISMATCH between current C-41 professional films and ECP print stock. Portra, Pro films make beautiful slides, and the contrast is about the same, just some different base densities, turning the yellow dial a tad more on the printer :-D

Anyway, am an avid film shooter, especially for PAID WORK myself, so I hope these fora will count me as a personal friend as well

~KB
    XXLtd. Lab
    Cleveland, OH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This will probably be deleted as solicitation too. I don't work for this place, I'm just a subscriber, but have you considered becoming an apug advertiser? A banner ad would probably do better than this thread anyways.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome:

In case you are wondering about advertising here, this will give you the info:

http://www.apug.org/forums/misc.php?do=advertise
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The film community needs people like you, providing these kind of exceptionally rare services that add new value to the standard processes.

Suggestion; provide some example scans, for example: an original C-41 negative and a slide made from that negative, an original tungsten-balanced ECN-2 negative, and a slide made from that? I guess real examples would boost the general interest to these techniques.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the contrast mismatch was in relation to RA-4 papers. What's your take on that?
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome To APUG !

Ron

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, welcome to APUG and please consider contributing as an advertiser as I do.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I process B&W neg & pos, C-41, E-6 and ECN-2, and soon ECP-2 specialty film in Australia.. no contact positives though, dont have that equipment.

Got Kodak 5201 50D and Vision3 500T bulk cutting for 35mm, also got Vision Print Film on the way for a high contrast, high res, fine grain, slow speed colour film, which I'll make a low contrast dev for which I hope to balance colour for daylight in dev.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Where are you located? I'm in Lakewood.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey Panchro!

We're towards the South. Have a facility down-town and two other smaller ones for photography work and an office/equipment storage space on the border between Medina and Cuyahoga counties. We are solely mail order, though I suppose I could give a tour (not much to see though!)

Athiri, good to see a competitor. . . safely away on another continent! :-)

I have some hits from people in Australia, would love to chip a bone to you there. If you offer stock for sale, there is someone I'd like to send samples too if you'd be willing to cut me a break on a free roll I promised him. Will still come out cheaper than all the shipping.

Please shoot me a PM. If you need any help getting in touch with Kodak, Fuji, I know US reps granted, but could certainly put a word in for you. They will probably LOVE to hear from you at Kodak Australasia Ltd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin